My Moms O'Henry Bars
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 4 cups quick oats
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 and line a 9 by 13 inch pan with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together oil and sugar until creamy.
3. Add vanilla,corn syrup,and oats. Add additional corn syrup if mixture seems to dry.
4. Flatten mixture into an even layer in prepared pan. Bake for 13 minutes. Let cool slightly.
5. Melt chocolate chips with peanut butter and mix to combine. Spread in an even layer over the top of the bars. Let firm before slicing.