Twice Baked Potatoes.....2
- 10 potatoes
- 1/2 tub of vegan sour cream (can skip this and add more milk instead)
- 1/2 cup (or more to desired thickness) almond or soy milk
- 1-2 teaspoons vegan bacon bits (these can be skipped as well to avoid the additives in them but it does give a nice flavor)
- 3 + green onions sliced (2 mixed in 1 for topping)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2-1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley, basil, or Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Paprika for sprinkling
Bake the potatoes in the microwave or the in the oven at 350 F for 1 hour until cooked through. Allow them to cool to the touch. Cut in half length wise and scoop out most of the insides and put that into a bowl.
Place the hollowed potato halves onto a cooking sheet, spray with some cooking spray and broil for 5 minutes (or so!) to brown them. After you remove the potatoes to cool lower the temp to 350.
Mix all the remaining ingredients together with the scooped out potato except the one sliced green onion and paprika until smooth and creamy. Adjust the spices as desired to your individual tastes adding more of what ever you like. Fill the hollowed out potatoes with the mixture.
Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes then broil for 2-4 minutes to brown the tops. Remove from the oven and top with the remaining onions and sprinkle with desired amount of paprika for color