Vegan Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 heaping teaspoon paprika
- 1 heaping teaspoon onion powder
- 1 heaping teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup roasted bell peppers including the juice if using jarred (chop them up small enough to fit in the cup if needed)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1-1 1/2 cups of water (depending on how thick you want the sauce-start with 1 cup and work up)
soak the nuts for a couple of hours to soften and rinse well.
Pour all the ingredients into the blender (starting with only 1 cup of water) and blend until perfectly smooth. Add more water if a thinner consistency is desired). If you are using a high powered blender you can blend until warm otherwise transfer to a pan and heat until warm and pour over whatever you desire and ENJOY!