- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3/4 c butterscotch chips
- 3/4 c lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1 extra-large egg
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 c bourbon
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and spray a 9-in square baking pan with cooking spray or butter it generously.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and 1/4 c of the butterscotch chips until the mixture is smooth. Transfer it to the bowl of a stand mixer.
4. Beat the brown sugar into the butter mixture, then the egg. add the vanilla and bourbon and beat until combined. Add the flour mixture and beat until incorporated. Stir in the remaining 1/4 c butterscotch chips.
5. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 min, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with not too much stuck to it. Let cool before cutting.