Olive Garden Restaurant's Shrimp Caprese Recipe.
Yields: 4 servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 1/2 pounds Roma tomatoes, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces*
- 20 medium fresh basil leaves, stems removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 1 pound (26/30 or 21/25) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound capellini (angel hair) pasta
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded
- To preserve juices and seeds, use a pairing knife to remove just the top of the core on each tomato.
Combine tomatoes, basil, olive oil, garlic, Italian Seasoning, and salt in a large bowl; blend thoroughly. Cover, set aside, and marinate for at least 1 hour.
Either sauté or grill the shrimp; cook approximately 2 minutes on one side; turn and cook another 1 minute or until shrimp are opaque in center (cut to test). Remove from grill and set aside.
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pan to keep warm. Learn How To Cook Pasta Properly.
Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add butter and let melt. Stir in white wine and bring just to a boil. Add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese; bring to a simmer; let sauce continue to simmer and reduce to desired consistency. Remove from heat.
Add cooked pasta and marinated tomatoes to the skillet. Stir to thoroughly coat pasta with sauce. Transfer pasta and sauce to a large oven-proof serving platter; top with mozzarella cheese. Place serving platter under broiler to 2 to 3 minutes or until mozzarella cheese has melted. Remove from oven and top pasta with the cooked shrimp. Serve and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings.
Wine recommendation: Light and fruity white wine, such as pinot gris or pinot blanc or an Oregon pinot noir.