Rubios Fish Taco Recipe
The Restaurant Rubio's Fish Taco Recipe
- 12 sticks of fish - prepared as above
- 12 corn tortillas
- oil for deep frying
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup beer
- 1 tspn garlic powder
- few twists pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove - peeled and finely chopped
- 6 ripe tomatoes - diced finely
- Small red onion - peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoon cilantro leaves - chopped finely
- 2 jalapeno chillies - seeded and chopped finely
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Finely shredded hard cabbage
- limes - cut into wedges - you'll need 12 pieces
First make your batter - whisk the ingredients together until they're well blended and then beat a little longer to make the batter full of air bubbles 'airy'. Set aside for an hour.
Mix the sauce ingredients together and put into the fridge.
Mix the salsa ingredients together - if you can't get cilantro leaves, use fresh chopped parsley, coriander, chives or similar to your taste - I used shredded basil leaves.
Have everything ready to assemble before you cook the fish.
Before you start cooking, give the batter another whisk - this will make it airy again - vital for crispy batter.