Rolled Leg of Lamb with Swiss Chard
- 1/2 cup marsala
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 2 bunches swiss chard leaves (sliced 1/2-inch thick)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled, minced)
- 1 shallot (peeled, minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cumin seeds (toasted)
- 6 pound leg of lamb (boneless and butterflied, room temperature)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Preheat oven to 425ºF.
Bring a small pot of marsala to a simmer. In a small bowl, add the raisins and pour the marsala on top. Set aside to allow the raisins to rehydrate and plump, about 10-15 minutes. Strain the marsala and set aside.
Place a large saute pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Add the swiss chard and cook until wilted, about 7 minutes. Add the garlic and shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften. Add half of the red pepper flakes, and cumin seeds and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Fold the raisins into the swiss chard mixture and set aside.
Season the leg of lamb with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the remaining red pepper flakes and cumin seeds on top and add the swiss chard mixture. Roll up the leg of lamb tightly, starting with the short side, and tie with butchers twine. Place on a roasting rack set inside a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
Place in the oven for 30 minutes and then decrease the oven temperature to 325ºF to continue to roast until the internal temperature reaches 130ºF, about 1-1 1/2 hours. Remove from the oven and place on a cutting board. Tent with foil and allow to rest for 20 minutes before slicing into 1-inch thick pieces.
Tip: Add your favorite wilted greens or stuffing to the center of the lamb before rolling.
You'll also love
- Olive Oil-Poached Cod with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Ratatouille Skillet Eggs 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Bacon and Butternut Squash Grilled... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Brined Pork Tenderloin 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lamb Cutlets with Strawberry &... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- African Chickpea and Spinach Soup 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Adzuki Bean Soup with Quinoa and... 3.8/5 (4 Votes)