Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches
- 4 - pound boneless beef sirloin or beef rump roast, cut into 2- to 3-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope Italian dry salad dressing mix
- 2 tsp dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/2 to 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- your favorite sandwich rolls
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Italian blend cheeses (about 6 oz)
- possible topping options include: pickles, sliced onion, sliced pepperoncini and/or roasted red sweet pepper strips
Adapted from funnyisfamily.com
Place beef in slow cooker.
In a small bowl combine water, salad dressing mix, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper and garlic powder and pour over beef in slow cooker.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
Remove meat from cooker with a slotted spoon. Using two forks, shred the meat.
Pile meat in rolls, and if desired, sprinkle with cheese and broil to melt cheese.
Drizzle each sandwich with some of the strained juices, and top sandwiches with desired toppings.
The leftover juices make excellent dipping sauce!