Crunchy Parmesan Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds of baby potatoes, purple or gold
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, powdered
- 1 /cup of Panko crumbs
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley, to serve (optional)
Adapted from CasseroleKitchen.com
Preheat your oven to 400 °Fahrenheit. Mix your cheese, Panko crumbs and spices in a bowl and apply a thin (but even) layer of olive oil on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
Add your cheese and spices mixture to the bottom of the pan. Spread it evenly to coat the entire pan, being careful not to create clumps.
Wash and cut your potatoes in half and place them flat side down into the cheese mixture. Bake for 40 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown. Make sure that the potatoes are cooked through by carefully piercing them with a fork.
Serve with fresh parsley.