Succotash Salad With Creamy Basil Dressing
- 1 cup frozen baby lima beans
- 8 ounces green beans trimmed, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 can red kidney beans - (15 to 16 oz) rinsed, drained
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels - (from abt 2 ears)
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion (such as Maui or Vidalia)
- 1 cup coarsely-chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup light (50% less fat) mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 large tomatoes sliced
Bring large saucepan of salted water to boil. Add lima beans and cook 2 minutes. Add green beans and cook until all beans are just tender, about 4 minutes longer. Drain. Rinse beans under cold water; drain well. Transfer to large bowl. Add kidney beans, corn, and onion.
Puree 3/4 cup basil, yogurt, mayonnaise, and vinegar in blender. Add dressing to bean mixture; toss to blend well. Season salad with salt and pepper.
Spoon salad onto platter. Surround with tomato slices. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup basil over salad and serve.
This recipe yields 4 main-course servings.
Per serving: calories, 310; total fat, 6 g; saturated fat, 1 g; cholesterol, 5 mg.