Stir-Fried Vegetables With Orange And Mint
- 1 cup purchased peeled baby carrots
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 small zucchini - (abt 4 oz) trimmed, and cut into 1/3" cubes
- 1 yellow crookneck squash trimmed, and cut into 1/3" cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 3 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 large garlic cloves chopped
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Steam carrots 5 minutes. Add broccoli and cauliflower; steam 2 minutes. Add zucchini and crookneck squash. Steam until all vegetables are crisp-tender, about 1 minute; transfer to large bowl.
For dressing, blend parsley and next 5 ingredients in bowl. Heat wok or large skillet over high heat 1 minute. Add vegetables, then dressing. Stir-fry vegetables until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: calories, 119; total fat, 7 g; saturated fat, 1 g; cholesterol, 0.