Spicy Meatless Chili
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 can Mexican recipe stewed tomatoes with
- juices - (14 1/2 oz)
- 8 ounces frozen veggie crumbles thawed
- 1 cup canned red kidney beans rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican-style 4-cheese mix
Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add chili powder; stir 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes with juices, veggie crumbles, beans and 1/4 cup water.
Cook until slightly thickened, breaking up any large tomato pieces and stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide chili between 2 soup bowls; top with cheese and serve.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.