Cranberry Orange Cookies
Ready in under 30 minutes, these cranberry orange cookies are a great mix of tart, sweet, and fruity. Perfect for the winter holidays.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped cranberries or craisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Pre heat oven to 375°F.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg until well blended. Mix in 1 teaspoon orange zest and 2 tablespoons orange juice. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt: stir into the orange mixture. Mix in cranberries and if using, walnuts until evenly distributed. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Cookies should be spaced at least 2 inches apart.
Bake for 12-14 minutes , until the edges are golden. Remove to cool (by lifting whole parchment paper from sheet and replacing with next sheet ready to go in).
In a small bowl, mix together orange zest, orange juice and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread or drizzle over the tops of the cooled cookies; let stand until set.
You'll also love
- Buttery Vanilla Pudding Pound Cake 5/5 (3 Votes)
- BRAIDED APPLE WALNUT STRUDEL 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Black Bean Soup (South Beach Diet... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Apple Dumplings 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Luby's Frosted Lime Congeal 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- doTERRA Creamy Fruit Dip with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Martha Stewart's One Pot Pasta Meal 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls 4.1/5 (17 Votes)