- 12 oz. bread, cut into 3/4" cubes
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tbsp canola oil, divided
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 8 oz. shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 4 oz. white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 c chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 c chopped celery
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 c chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 1/2 c unsalted chicken stock
- 2 large eggs
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 mins or until golden, stirring after 10 mins. Place the bread cubes in a large bowl.
Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil; swirl until butter melts. Add mushrooms. Cook 10 mins until browned and liquid evaporates. Add vinegar, scraping pan to loosen brown bits. Add mushrooms mixture to bread cubes; toss to combine.
Return skillet to medium high. Add remaining 1 tbsp oil; swirl. Add onion, celery, thyme and garlic; saute 10 mins. Remove pan from heat; stir in parsley, pepper and salt. Add onion mixture to bread mixture; toss to combine.
Melt remaining 2 tbsp butter in skillet. Combine butter, stock and eggs in bowl, stirring with whisk. Drizzle stock mixture over bread mixture; toss. Let stand 10 mins or until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Spoon bread mixture into a 2 quart glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 mins or until browned.