Spiced Lamb In Pita
- 10 ounces ground lamb
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large pita breads warmed
Combine first 8 ingredients in medium bowl; blend well. Shape lamb mixture into four 1/4-inch-thick patties.
Heat heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add lamb patties and sauté until brown and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
Cut each pita bread in half; fill each half with lamb patty.
This recipe yields 2 servings (can be doubled).