Spaghetti With Mussels, Tomatoes And Oregano
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 canned anchovy fillets chopped, plus
- 1 tablespoon anchovy oil reserved
- 3 large garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 1/4 cups canned diced tomatoes in juice with
- Italian seasonings - (fron 28 oz can) undrained
- 1 pound mussels scrubbed, debearded
Cook pasta in medium pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil and re-served anchovy oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add anchovies, garlic, oregano and tomato paste; stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes; bring to boil. Add mussels. Cover; simmer until mussels open, about 5 minutes (discard any that do not open).
Drain pasta; divide between 2 shallow bowls. Top with mussels and sauce.
This recipe yields 2 servings (can be doubled).