Sausage And Bean Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces kielbasa or linguiça sausage cut thin rounds
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 3/4 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1/2 large kale bunch stems cut away, and leaves thinly sliced
- 1 can small white beans - (15 oz) drained
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add sausage and onion; sauté until onion is tender, about 6 minutes.
Add broth and kale; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
Add beans and wine. Cook until kale is tender, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 2 servings (can be doubled).