Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed With Parmesan Whipped Potatoes
- 8 ounces red-skinned sweet potatoes (yams) peeled, chopped
- 8 ounces white-skinned potatoes peeled, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves peeled, left whole
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tablespoons freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs beaten to blend
- 4 portobello mushrooms - (4" to 5" dia ea)
- 6 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 bags fresh baby spinach - (6 oz ea)
Cook all potatoes, garlic, and bay leaf in large saucepan of boiling salted water until very tender, about 12 minutes. Drain; discard bay leaf. Return potatoes to pot. Mash until smooth; cool slightly. Mix in 3 tablespoons cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk in eggs.
Remove mushroom stems and chop finely. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushroom stems and onion; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush rounded sides of mushrooms with 3 teaspoons oil. Place on baking sheet, gill-sides up. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Divide onion mixture among mushroom caps. Mound potato mixture in caps. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese. Bake until heated through, about 25 minutes.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large pot over medium heat. Add spinach; sauté 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 stuffed mushroom.
This recipe yields 4 servings; can be doubled.
You'll also love
- Pork On A Bun With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peppered Chicken, Pineapple And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orecchiette With Rabbit, Tomato,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Italian Sausage And Wild Mushroom... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Onion And Mushroom Omelet 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pureed Celery Root, Parsnips And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Portobello Mushrooms With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Portobello Mushroom Sandwiches... 0/5 (0 Votes)