Pork On A Bun With Bourbon-Barbecue Sauce
- 8 ounces boneless pork loin chops cut crosswise
- into 1/4"-thick strips
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/3 cup purchased barbecue sauce
- 2 large sandwich buns or kaiser rolls split horizontally
- 1/2 cup purchased coleslaw
Sprinkle pork strips with salt and pepper. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork strips and sauté until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer pork strips to plate.
Add onion to skillet. Sauté until golden brown, about 7 minutes; remove from heat. Add bourbon and stir up browned bits. Add barbecue sauce. Simmer until sauce thickens, stirring often, about 3 minutes.
Return pork strips to sauce; heat 1 minute. Mound pork strips with sauce on bun bottoms; top with coleslaw and bun tops.
This recipe yields 2 servings (can be doubled).