Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Whip up a batch of cookies with chunks of chocolate and a touch of mint.
- 1 1 1.5 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 to 1/2 1/4 to 1/2 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 6 to 8 6 to 8 8 drops green food color
- 1 1 1 egg
- 1 1 1 cup creme de menthe baking chips
- 1 1 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, extract, food color and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in creme de menthe baking chips and chocolate chunks.
2. Using small cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Serve warm or cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
Drizzle cooled cookies with melted chocolate. For even baking, make sure cookies are of the same shape and size.
Serving Size: 1 Cookie Calories 140 Calories from Fat 60 Total Fat 7g Saturated Fat 4 1/2g Trans Fat 1/2g Cholesterol15mg Sodium 75mg Potassium 25mg Total Carbohydrate 17g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 13g Protein1g % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0% Exchanges:0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choice1 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.