Original Taco Soup CrockPot Recipe
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of kindey beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of corn (WITH juice!!)
- 1 large can (26-ounces) of diced tomatoes (I have no idea why the can wasn't in this picture. I know I put it in. This is a mystery.)
- 1 (10-ounce) can tomatoes and chiles (Rotel)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix (make sure there isn't hidden gluten, I went with Hidden Valley)
- 1 pound browned ground turkey or hamburger (optional.)
- shredded cheese and sour cream for embelishment (optional, unless you're in my house. then it's mandatory.)
Adapted from latestrecipesandmore.blogspot.com
Use the largest slow cooker you have in the house --- this is a BIG recipe, you need a 6-quart or above.
brown meat if you are going to use it
drain fat and add to crockpot stoneware insert (the meat. not the fat.)
sprinkle seasoning packets on top of meat
drain and rinse the beans and add
add the ENTIRE contents of the corn and tomato cans
cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5. I think the longer you cook soup, the better, so if you have the time, opt for cooking on low.
Stir well, and serve with a handful of shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.