Orecchiette With Rabbit, Tomato, And Basil Sauce
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 rabbit - (2 3/4 to 3 lbs) cut into pieces, and meat finely chopped (or 1 lb finely-chopped skinless boneless chicken
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound plum tomatoes chopped
- 1 can crushed tomatoes with puree - (28 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh basil - (abt 3 lg bunches)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound orecchiette (little ear-shaped pasta)
- Freshly-grated Parmesan cheese as needed
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until tender and golden, about 5 minutes. Add chopped rabbit; sauté until light brown, about 4 minutes. Add wine and boil until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
Stir in chopped tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, 1 cup basil, crushed red pepper, and remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Season sauce generously with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain. Return pasta to pot. Add sauce; toss to coat. Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup basil and Parmesan cheese.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Mussels In Pasilla Broth With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mussels In Cream Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mango Cheesecake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kaboch Squash And Chestnut Soup... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Italian Sausage And Wild Mushroom... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ground Sirloin Patties With Red... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Goat Cheese Pizzas With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cannellini And Macaroni Salad With... 0/5 (0 Votes)