Seared Tilapia with Spiralized Zucchini
Seared Tilapia with Spiralized Zucchini is the fun, family-friendly meal that will get your kids to eat all of their vegetables. Spiralized zucchini is the fun way to get your kids to eat their vegetables and it is also pretty cool how delicious this recipe is. Healthy, filling, and fun this recipe is sure to quickly become one of your family's favorites in the dinner rotation.
- 1.5-pounds zucchini
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 small tilapia fillets, about 1.5-pounds total
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from womansday.com
Heat oven to 475°F.
Line a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil or a reusable baking mat. Using a spiralizer, spiralize the zucchini, or using a knife, slice zucchini into thin ribbons.
Transfer zucchini to the prepared baking sheet; toss with 1 tablespoon oil and salt and black pepper to taste. Roast for 15 minutes. Increase heat to broil and continue to cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Season tilapia with salt and black pepper to taste, and cook until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to plates.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet along with lemon, garlic, and capers and cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is golden brown and tender. Toss with parsley, then spoon over tilapia and serve with zucchini.
You'll also love
- Turkey Bundles Recipe 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Soy-Honey Chicken With Lemon... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Savory Stuffed Baked Apples 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken Tamales with Pumpkin Mole 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crispy Homemade Clam Cakes 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- SHRIMP SCAMPI 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Spooky Pigs in a Blanket with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken Tetrazzini with Zucchini... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)