Mussels In Pasilla Broth With Corn, Jicama, And Cilantro
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock (or canned low-salt chicken broth)
- 6 dried pasilla chilies - (abt 4 oz) stemmed, halved, and seeded
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels - (from abt 1 ear)
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 24 mussels scrubbed, debearded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cups chopped peeled jicama - (abt 10 oz)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves - (loosely packed)
- Salt to taste
- Lime wedges for serving
Simmer stock and pasilla chilies in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat until chilies are soft, about 20 minutes. Strain pasilla broth into medium bowl, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard solids in strainer.
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, corn, and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add pasilla broth, mussels, butter, and lime juice. Cover and simmer until mussels open, about 2 minutes. Uncover; stir in jicama and cilantro. Season broth to taste with salt.
Transfer mussels with broth to large bowl (discard any mussels that do not open). Serve, passing lime wedges separately.
This recipe yields 4 first-course or 2 main-course servings.
You'll also love
- Mussels In Cream Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mango Cheesecake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lime Daiquiri With Apricot Brandy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kaboch Squash And Chestnut Soup... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Scallops With Vegetables... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Onion And Mushroom Omelet 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornish Game Hens With Dried Fruit... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macaroni, Tomato, Corn And Basil... 0/5 (0 Votes)