Beet with Dates and Horseradish
- Honey Dijon Horseradish Dressing:
- 2 bunches beets, peeled, and cut in 1/2" wedges
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 t thyme
- 1/2 C dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 shallot or green onion, minced
- 3 T white wine vinegar
- 3 t fresh horseradish, can substitute prepared horseradish
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1/4 C parsley leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
Place beets on foil lined baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, add thyme and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat the beets. Fold foil around the beets to create a sealed pocket. Roast in 400oF oven for 35-40 minutes or until tender. Add the dates during the last 5 minutes of cooking and roast until warmed through.
Meanwhile, make the dressing in a medium bowl, add onion, vinegar, horseradish and whisk to combine. While whisking slowly drizzle in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Remove the beets and dates to a large bowl, drizzle over the dressing and toss to combine. Garnish with parsley leaves.
The salad can be served warm or room temperature. Allow beets to marinate in the dressing for an hour or so for a deeper flavor before serving.
You'll also love
- PINAPPLE TURKEY BURGERS 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Braised Beef Roast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Corn pudding 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Last Minute Sweet Potato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- cake, date, apple and walnut loaf 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Horseradish Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Braised Pork with Dates (slow... 0/5 (0 Votes)