One Pan Chicken and Vegetable Dinner
- 1 ( 1 ounce ) packet hidden valley original ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs ( I used panic crumbs )
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 pound red potatoes, halved or quarter if large into 3/4 " thick pieces
- 1 pound baby carrots or slender peeled carrots ( 1/2 " thick )
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish optional
Pre heat oven to 400
In a large ziplock bag combine 1 cup mayo and 1 packet ranch seasoning mix ( or can use a bowl ) Add 4 chicken breast and squish the bag around to coat the chicken. Squeeze excess air out of the bag, seal and refrigerate chicken while prepping the veggies.
Grease a large rimmed cookie sheet with 1/2 tablespoon oil ( or line with foil for easier cleanup )...Place carrots and potatoes on your oiled pan. Drizzle the top with 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Toss the veggies on the pan using your hands, then push them to the sides to make room for the chicken, keeping the potatoes cut side down.
Place the bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Shake off any excess marinade from the chicken then dip in the bread crumbs, turning to coat evenly.
Transfer to baking sheet. Its ok if veggies are a little crowded but keep at least a sliver of space between chicken breast for optimal crispiness. Spray or drizzle the chicken with oil if desired to get a golden crust.
Bake at 400 for 25-28 minutes or until chicken reaches internal temp of 165 degrees or juices run clear. Turn on broiler and continue baking 3 minutes to brown chicken. Remove from oven, garnish with parsley if desired and serve.