Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Ginger, Cardamom & Honey
Mashed sweet potatoes are seasoned with a little honey, ginger, and cardamom which adds a great flavor to this popular side.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 8 ounces russet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, 1/2 stick
- 1/4 cup fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Peel and cut the sweet and russet potatoes into a large dice. Boil until tender, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, place the remaining measured ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat, season with pepper, and stir until the butter and honey have melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
When the potatoes are ready, put them through a ricer into a large bowl, drizzle with the butter mixture, and give a final mix.
Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
You'll also love
- Butternut Squash, Ricotta &... 4.4/5 (565 Votes)
- Potato Stacks 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Duck with Apple Raisin... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Cannelloni 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spiked Autumn Salad Baked Brie 0/5 (0 Votes)