Goat Cheese Pizzas With Indian-Spiced Tomatoes And Greens
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 large shallots finely chopped
- 3 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes with added puree
- 2 cups chopped mustard greens
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups semolina flour (pasta flour)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/4 cups water room temperature
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 ounces soft fresh goat cheese crumbled (such as Montrachet)
For topping: Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and next 5 ingredients; sauté 3 minutes. Add tomatoes; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes to thicken slightly. Add greens; stir until wilted, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.)
For flatbreads: Mix first 4 ingredients in large bowl. Stir in 1 1/4 cups water and cilantro. Knead in bowl until smooth, about 5 minutes. Cover with kitchen towel; let rest 30 minutes. Divide dough into 4 pieces; roll each into ball. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; let rest on work surface 30 minutes. Roll out each dough ball on lightly floured surface to 9-inch round.
Heat large dry nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 flatbread round to skillet; cook until bottom of bread is golden brown in spots and bread puffs slightly, about 4 minutes. Turn bread over; cook until bottom is brown in spots, about 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining dough.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place breads on baking sheet. Spread 1/4 of topping over each. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake until heated through, about 8 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 servings.