Goat Cheese, Cranberry, and Walnut Canapes
These slightly sweet and savory canapés will make the perfect bites to nosh on at your next dinner party or gathering of friends and family. Creamy, yet tart, goat cheese makes the most delicious base for cranberries, cinnamon, and fresh thyme. These flavors come together in an interesting way that will have your guests begging you for the recipe and coming back for seconds, so be sure to make enough.
- 24 walnut halves, about 3/4 cup
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 24 thin slices whole-wheat baguette, from 1/2 baguette
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, plus leaves for garnish
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from marthastewart.com
Preheat oven to 375°F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss nuts with 1 teaspoon oil and cinnamon; season with salt and pepper. Bake until golden, 4 to 6 minutes; set aside to cool.
Spread baguette slices on same baking sheet and brush with remaining 3 teaspoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Bake until lightly toasted, 10 to 15 minutes, rotating pan halfway through; set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together cheese and 2 tablespoons water until smooth; stir in cranberries and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Divide goat cheese among bread slices and top each with a walnut and thyme leaves.
You'll also love
- Cajun Mahi Mahi with Mango... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Baked Banana Chips 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Skillet Pork Chops with Apples &... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Chile Verde 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Blackberry & Corn Muffins 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Swedish Meatballs with Cranberry... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Cranberry ~ Apple Cake 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Paleo Orange Vanilla Crescent... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)