Zucchini Pineapple Bread
"My mother grew zucchini in her vegetable garden every summer. I carry on the tradition and use her recipe for this moist loaf."
Barbara Unger, Whitehall, PA
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup drained, crushed pineapple
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray three (9-by-5-by-3-inch) loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
Beat eggs until they are lemon yellow in color. Add oil slowly; beat until combined. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until combined.
Combine flour, wheat germ, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir to mix. Add to batter, mixing well.
Add pineapple; mix well. Add zucchini; mix well.
Bake 1 hour, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool or serve warm. These loaves freeze well.
12 g fat
39 mg cholesterol
4 g protein
35 g carbohydrates
1 g fiber
159 mg sodium
You'll also love
- African Chickpea and Spinach Soup 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Glazed Salmon 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Cucumber Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon Icebox Pie Ice Cream 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Piñon-Crusted Chicken with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sweet & Savory Spaghetti Squash 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Bisquick Pumpkin Pancakes 3.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Zucchini Tomato Gratin 4/5 (1 Votes)