Roasted Butternut Squash and Apple Soup with Maple
- 4-5 pounds (about 2 medium butternut squash), seeds removed
- 1 large granny smith,apple peeled and chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup hopped carrot
- 2-3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth, plus more to thin if necessary
- 1 cup non fat milk
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425 . Drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil over each squash, sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper and place squash face side down on baking heet. Roast for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until squash is fork tender. Remove and cool for 10 mins.
Heat 1 tsp of olive oil in large saucepan over medium high heat. Add apples, carrots, onions and saute for 10 mins or until apples begin to cook and onions become translucent. Next add cinnamon and stir again. Remove from heat.
Once the squash is cooled scoop out the roasted squash and add to pot. Next add the chicken broth and bring to boil. Cover, reuce heat, and simmer for 20 mins longer. Remove from heat and stir in milk, maple syrup and a pinch of salt.
Place 1/2 of the squash mixture in a blender. Blend until smooth, and repeat. Add chicken broth or water to thin to desired consistency. Adjust seasonings.
You'll also love
- Mom's Tortellini Soup 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Grilled Flank Steak with Black... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Olive Oil, Garlic, and Peperoncini... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Grilled Oysters with Garlic Lemon... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Olive Tapenade Stuffed Cherry... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Black Bean Butternut Squash Chili... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Zucchini Bacon Quiche Recipe 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Bake Apple Cinnamon Quinoa 4.3/5 (9 Votes)