Easy Weeknight Stroganoff
Make this hearty dinner for an easy weeknight supper. Brown the meat, add onions (and mushrooms if you'd like), other ingredients and simmer for about 20 minutes. Dinner's Ready!
- 1 pound top round or top sirloin steak, sliced into thin pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can beef consume (I prefer consume in this recipe over beef broth)
- 16 ounce container sour cream
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
Heat the oil in a large skillet. Light brown the onions. Add the thinly sliced beef and saute until the beef is mostly cooked through and beginning to brown. Allowing the beef to brown a little helps give the stroganoff a heartier flavor.
Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and beef consume. Simmer until the liquid is cooked down about half, about 20 minutes.
Lower the heat and add the sour cream. Heat through. Be careful to not let it boil, or the sour cream might separate.
Serve over noodles or rice.