cobbler, berry with pecan sandie streusel
- 1 3/4 cups plus 5 tbsp flour, divided
- 2/3 cup gran sugar, divided
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp cold salted butter, diced, divided
- 1 1/4 cups lightly toasted chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halve
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp turbinado sugar
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 105mins
whisk together 1 3/4 cups flour, 1/3 cup gran sugar, and 1/2 tsp salt in a med bowl. using a pastry blender, cut 1/2 cup of the butter into flour mixture until well blended and mixture resembles peas. stir in toasted pecans.
stir together cream and 1/2 tsp of the vanilla in a small bowl; add cream mixture to flour mixture, stirring with a fork until mixture is combined but still crumbly. chill until ready to use.
preheat oven to 400 gently toss together all berries, lemon zest, nutmeg, and remaining 5 tbsp flour, 1/3 cup sugar, 2 tbsp butter, 1 tsp vanilla and 1/4 tsp salt in a lg bowl. transfer to a lightly greased 10 inch cast iron skillet. place skillet in an aluminum foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
bake in preheated oven until bubbly around the edges, 20-22 min. remove from oven. crumble chilled streusel over hot filling, and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. return to oven, and bake until golden, 25-28 more min. serve warm.