Chicken With Tarragon Vinegar Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter - (1/4 stick)
- 2 chicken breast halves with skin and bone
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 shallots chopped
- 1/2 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
Melt butter in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and cook until golden, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate.
Add shallots to skillet and sauté 30 seconds. Add vinegar; boil until reduced to glaze, about 2 minutes. Stir in broth. Return chicken, skin-side up, to skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until cooked through, about 12 minutes.
Using tongs, transfer chicken to 2 plates. Add tarragon to liquid in skillet. Increase heat to medium-high; boil uncovered until liquid is slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Spoon sauce over chicken.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.