Chicken With Roasted Lemons, Green Olives, And Capers
- ROASTED LEMONS:
- 12 thin lemon slices - (from 2 lemons)
- Olive oil as needed
- Salt to taste
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- All-purpose flour as needed
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted green Sicilian olives (or other brine-cured green olives)
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock (or canned low-salt chicken broth)
- 1/4 cup butter - (1/2 stick) cut into 4 pieces
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
For roasted lemons: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange lemon slices in single layer on prepared sheet. Brush lemon slices with olive oil; sprinkle lightly with salt. Roast until slightly dry and beginning to brown around edges, about 25 minutes. (Lemons can be made 1 day ahead. Transfer to container. Cover; chill.)
For chicken: Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Heat 5 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Stir in olives and capers.
Add stock and bring to boil, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet. Boil until liquid is reduced to syrup consistency, turning chicken over after 3 minutes, about 5 minutes. Add butter, roasted lemon slices, and 2 tablespoons parsley; simmer until butter melts and chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer to platter. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Chicken And Bell Pepper With Onion... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cherry And Almond Clafoutis 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Charred Onion And Fennel Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broiled Shrimp With Spicy... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry-Lemon Curd Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Vegetables With Olive And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Cod With Orange, Caper And... 0/5 (0 Votes)