Food Processor Pasta
Recipe source: A. Chef's Studio
- 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- warm water as needed
1. Pour flour into a food processor. In a small bowl, beat eggs, salt and oil. With motor running, pour egg mixture into flour in food processor. Pulse a few times until dough just comes together. Turn out and knead by hand for a few minutes until smooth.
2. Wrap with plastic and let rest for up to 8 hours (2 hours max at room temperature, if longer move to fridge).
3. Cut pasta dough into sections. On the #1 (widest) setting, roll piece of dough through the machine a couple times, working in additional flour as needed. Continue rolling through pasta machine at settings #2, #4, and #5. Hand cut pasta sheets or use the pasta machine to cut to desired shape. (This method can be used for ravioli as well.)
4. Let dry briefly and cook in salted, boiling water for about 3 minutes.
Note: To create red or green pasta:
Follow recipe for food processor pasta, adding 1 tablespoon tomato paste and additional 3 teaspoons flour.
Add 2 tablespoons (completely) drained and finely chopped thawed frozen spinach, plus 3 teaspoons flour and process and directed.