Chocolate Almond Cake
Adapted Italian recipe.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 oz dark chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup butter (plus more for pan)
- 4 oz almonds, chopped fine
- 4 oz "00" Italian flour
- 3 eggs
1. Melt the butter.
2. Melt the chocolate with one spoon of milk add melted butter. Mix butter and chocolate very well.
3. Separate egg yolks from the whites and place in two bowls. Whisk the whites with a pinch of salt into soft peaks.
4. Put the yolks in another bowl with the sugar and mix it very well.
5. Add the flour, chopped almonds, and mix with the chocolate/butter.
6. Fold in the whites very gently.
7. Place in buttered 9" baking pan and bake for 25 min at 320°.
8. When cooled, dust with powdered sugar and serve.