Creamy Lemon Alfredo
Recipe source: A. Chef's Studio
- 6 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1 Tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- zest of two lemons
1. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a medium pan over medium heat until bubbling. Add garlic and stir to coat. Cook 1 minute.
2. In a separate saute pan, add remaining 3 tablespoons butter, and heat until bubbling. Add 3 tablespoons flour and whisk to combine. Cook 5 minutes over low heat without browning.
3. Slowly add 1 cup of milk, whisking constantly. Continue to whisk until smooth.
4. Bring heat to medium high and whisking constantly, let sauce begin to bubble and thicken. Add 3 tablespoons heavy cream, salt and pepper and combine with garlic and butter. Add additional milk if necessary to achieve desired consistency.