- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 onion chopped
- 1-2 carrots, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 3-4 tablespoons bacon grease ( can substitute butter)
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped into 1" pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 10.5 ounce cream of celery soup
Saute sausage in vegetable oli in a large stock pot until nicely browned.
Add onion and carrots and continue cooking until onions are semi translucent.
Add bacon grease, cabbage, salt, pepper and garlic and continue cooking and stirring for 5 minutes
Add chicken broth and potatoes and stir well
Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer stew for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Stir in cream of celery soup, reduce heat to low, cover and continue cooking for 10- 15 minutes