Smothered Green Beans
Rate this recipe 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- 5 (15-oz) cans green beans, drained
- 1 lb bacon
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 tsp garlic powder
Adapted from plainchicken.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Pour drained green beans in an ungreased 9x13-inch pan.
In a large skillet, cook bacon until almost done but not too crispy. Remove from skillet, drain on paper towel and chop. Sprinkle cooked bacon on top of green beans.
Whisk together brown sugar, melted butter, soy sauce and garlic powder. Pour over green beans.
Bake for 40 minutes.
You'll also love
- Paula Deen All Day Pulled Pork 3.1/5 (59 Votes)
- Crab Stuffed Peppers 4/5 (16 Votes)
- Creamy Mango Chipotle Salad... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Iron Skillet Cornbread 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Tiny Tomato Pie 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Arkansas Green Beans 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
Review this recipe