Gingerbread with Pumpkin Caramel Mascarpone Cream
This Gingerbread with Pumpkin Caramel Mascarpone Cream dessert is the ultimate sweet ending to a perfect meal!
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup Stonewall Kitchen Pumpkin Caramel Sauce
- 4 ounces Mascarpone, room temperature
Adapted from stonewallkitchen.com
Grease and flour an 8 x 8-inch square pan. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
Combine dry ingredients for the gingerbread in a medium size bowl and whisk until uniform.
In a free standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or you can use a hand mixer, combine the butter, molasses, brown sugar buttermilk, milk and egg. Mix on low until uniformly mixed. Slowly add the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes. The gingerbread is done when the top springs back when lightly touched, the edges pull away from the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
While the cake is baking, make the pumpkin caramel mascarpone cream. Whip the cream in a chilled bowl of a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment until soft peaks almost form. Whisk in the sugar. Remove whipped cream to medium size bowl. Whip together the Stonewall Kitchen Pumpkin Caramel Sauce and mascarpone. Gently fold this mixture into the whipped cream.
Serve a generous dollop of Pumpkin Caramel Mascarpone Cream over each slice of gingerbread. Gingerbread can be served warm or at room temperature.