Catfish With Herbed Lemon Cream
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 catfish fillets - (6 oz ea)
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Combine cornmeal, thyme, lemon peel, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper in bowl. Reserve 1 teaspoon seasoning mixture.
Heat oil in heavy large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brush fish on both sides with 1 tablespoon cream; coat on both sides with seasoning mixture in bowl. Add to skillet and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer fish to 2 plates.
Stir lemon juice into same skillet, scraping up browned bits. Stir in reserved 1 teaspoon seasoning mixture. Whisk in remaining 5 tablespoons cream. Boil until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Season sauce with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over fish.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.
You'll also love
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (760 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (170 Votes)
- Beer Battered Catfish 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Catfish Stew 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dried Cranberry Compote 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)