One Skillet Chicken with Garlicky Mushroom Sauce Covers All the Bases for Your Dinnertime Meal - Shared
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (or 4 breasts)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (or basil)
Adapted from keyingredient.com
In a 2 cup measuring cup or a small bowl, combine the chicken broth, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, and dried thyme.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and allow to brown for 3-4 minutes stirring as required to brown both sides. Remove the mushrooms to a plate.
Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil on medium high heat. Add the chicken, sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken, and allow to brown on both sides for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the chicken to plate.
Reduce the heat to medium, add the red onions to the skillet along with the chicken broth mixture. Using a whisk, scrape the bottom of the pan so all the brown bits are loosened. Let sauce reduce for about 8-10 minutes or until about ⅓ cup of the sauce remains.
When the sauce has thickened, reduce heat and add the butter, whisking until it melts completely. Add the mushrooms back in, then the chicken, then turn the heat back up to medium.
Cook for about 4-5 minutes or until chicken is done through, then reduce heat to low. Add cream, being careful to not let the cream curdle, about another 2 minutes.
Top with chopped parsley or basil and serve warm. Optionally serve on bed of cooked egg noodles.
You'll also love
- Smoked sausage and sauerkraut 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fried Flounder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Bean Taco Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cauliflower Steaks 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Asian Pear and Arugula Salad with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Slow Cooker Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Homestyle Spinach and Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 44 Clove Garlic Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)