Lemon Lentil Soup
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 rib celery
- 1 carrot
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic
- 12 oz red or yellow lentils
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 or 3 lemons
- 1/2 preserved lemon (avble at Whole Food Markets or Middle Eastern stores)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cut the onion and celery into chunks and transfer to the food processor. Peel the carrot and cut it into chunks; add to the food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
Mince the garlic. Pick over the lentils to discard any stray bits, then rinse and drain them in a colander.
Combine the broth, lentils, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, curry powder, turmeric and ground ginger in a Dutch oven or a large suacepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook (uncovered) for 15 to 20 minutes. The lentils should be cooked though yet still hold their shape.
Meanwhile, juice the lemons to yield 1/2 cup of joice. Finely chop the preserved lemon half.
Stir in juice and preserved lemon. Add salt and pepper to taste.
You'll also love
- Erica's slow cooker beef pot roast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Beef Tenderloin with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple and other fruit Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cooking Light Blueberry pound cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New England Pawtucket Chick Pea &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Golden Lemon Cheese Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Chipotle Cannellini Beans... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- EVERCRISP LIME PICKLES 0/5 (0 Votes)