Breakfast-For-Supper Tofu Burritos
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped bell peppers (preferably red, yellow and green)
- 1 package soft tofu - (14 oz) drained, and cut into cubes
- 2 large garlic cloves chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 flour tortillas - (8" dia)
Heat vegetable oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and sauté until beginning to soften, about 2 minutes. Add tofu, garlic and chili powder and sauté until bell peppers are soft, about 3 minutes. Mix in cilantro; season filling with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
Wrap flour tortillas in plastic and warm on low in microwave. Arrange flour tortillas on work surface. Spoon 1/4 of filling into center of each. Fold tortilla sides over ends of filling; roll up to enclose filling. Cut each burrito in half; place 4 halves on each plate.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.