Blueberry Crisp With Oatmeal And Almond Topping
- 3 1/2 pint baskets fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons golden brown sugar - (packed) plus
- 1/4 cup golden brown sugar - (packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter - (1/4 stick) cut small pieces
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Rinse blueberries. Drain, allowing some water to cling to berries. Place berries in 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons brown sugar and cinnamon; stir to blend. Let stand until sugar dissolves and coats berries.
Stir oats, flour, salt, and remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar to blend in medium bowl. Add butter and rub in with fingertips or fork until moist clumps form. Stir in almonds. Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over blueberries.
Bake crisp until berries are bubbling and topping is golden, about 35 minutes. Serve warm, each serving topped with a spoonful of frozen yogurt.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Per serving (including yogurt): calories, 200; total fat, 7 g; saturated fat, 3 g; cholesterol, 10 mg.