- 3 long strips orange peel
- 4-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into
- 1/2-inch thick slices
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter
1. Place the Removable Cooking Pot in the Pressure Cooker.
2. Place orange peel in bottom of pot. Add sweet potato slices in layers, sprinkling each layer with brown sugar and cinnamon, ending with a final layer of brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with the orange juice. Dot with butter.
3. Place Lid on Pressure Cooker. Slide the Safety Lock to LOCK position.
4. Turn the Pressure Regulator Knob to PRESSURE.
5. Press the PRESSURE MODE Button for LOW PRESSURE.
6. Press COOK TIME Button until 8 minutes appears on
7. Press the START/STOP Button until the green START Indicator Light appears. The green LOW PRESSURE Indicator Light will blink slowly and then faster as the cooking countdown begins; the Pressure Indicator Rod will rise as the pressure builds. After cooking under pressure 8 minutes, the Pressure Cooker will beep
three times. Press and hold the START/STOP Button until it beeps.
8. Immediately press the Quick Steam Release Button in short bursts. Steam will emit from the Steam Release Valve. The Pressure Indicator Rod will drop when all the steam has been released. Slide the Safety Lock to UNLOCK position and remove the Lid.
9. Carefully remove the sweet potatoes with a spatula to a serving bowl. Pour any accumulated syrup over the sweet potatoes. If the sweet potatoes are not tender, leave in the Pressure Cooker. Press KEEP WARM Button and let food remain covered with the lid for 5 to 10 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
Makes 6 servings