Zucchini-Tomato Frittata Sandwiches
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons thinly-sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini trimmed, and thinly sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes seeded, chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 8 slices crusty Italian bread or wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons tapenade see * Note
- 1 large bunch arugula trimmed
* Note: A thick paste or spread made from brine-cured olives and seasonings; available at Italian markets and some supermarkets.
Whisk first 5 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Heat oil in 9-inch-diameter nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and sauté 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Spread vegetables in even layer in skillet. Add egg mixture to skillet; reduce heat to low and cook 2 minutes. Cover and cook until top of egg mixture is set, about 3 minutes longer. Run spatula around sides of skillet to loosen frittata, then slide out onto plate. Cut frittata into 4 wedges.
Place 4 bread slices on work surface. Spread each with 1/2 tablespoon tapenade. Top each with some arugula, then 1 frittata wedge. Top with remaining bread slices. Cut sandwiches crosswise in half and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: calories, 255; total fat, 10 g; saturated fat, 2 g; cholesterol, 106 mg.
You'll also love
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (203 Votes)
- Lentil, Zucchini and Tomato Tart... 4.5/5 (114 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bulgur Risotto With Peas And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Delicata Squash With Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)