Tiffany's Mac and Cheese with Bacon
- 8 strips bacon
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 12-oz can evaporated milk
- 8 oz grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz grated Monterrey jack cheese
- ground white pepper (optional)
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
1. Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally, until crisp and browned, about 8 min. Drain on paper towels until cool, then crumble.
2. Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs. Reserve 1/2 c cooking water, then drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Add the butter to the cooked pasta, and stir in to melt.
3. Heat the evaporated milk in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until just simmering. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the cheddar and Monterrey jack cheeses until melted. Remove the pan from the heat, then add the reserved cooking water. Season with white pepper to taste. Add the cooked pasta to the cheese sauce, and stir to coat.
4. Position a rack in the upper third of the oven, and turn on the broiler. Spread the pasta mixture in a 9 x 9 baking dish. Sprinkle the bacon and Parmenides cheese on top. Broil until the top is golden and bubbly, about 2 min.