Creamy Broccoli Potato Casserole
- 4 medium potatoes peeled
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese (30 grams)
- 2 1/4 cups cooked broccoli florets (250 grams)
- oregano or thyme or spice of choice
- WHITE SAUCE
- 2 3/4 cups of milk (632 1/2 grams)
- 3 tablespoons butter (42.54 grams)
- 3 tablespoons flour (24 grams)
- pinch salt
Preparation time 30mins
Adapted from anitalianinmykitchen.com
Pre-heat oven to 350° (180° celsius).
Boil potatoes in salted water until tender but firm, remove to cool, in the same water add the broccoli florets and cook approximately 5 minutes. Drain well.
While potatoes are cooling, make the white sauce.
In a medium pot over low heat melt butter, whisk in flour and salt, continue whisking until smooth. Slowly add the milk and continue whisking constantly until thickened and starts to boil. Remove from heat. Let cool slightly.
In a 8x6 inch (20 x 15 centimeter) baking dish, spread a couple of spoonsful of white sauce on the bottom, make 3 layers, starting with the sliced potatoes, sprinkle of oregano, white sauce, broccoli florets (if too large cut into smaller pieces) and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, continue for three layers. Bake for approximately 30 minutes (test for doneness after 20 minutes). Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Warm Mushroom Salad With Bacon,... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Coconut Beef Curry 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Steak and Tomato Panzanella 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Grilled Summer Artichokes 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Corned Beef Sliders on Potato... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Mom's Creamy Chicken & Broccoli... 3.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken, Broccoli, and Potato... 4.2/5 (17 Votes)